Monday, June 9, 2008

Wo de Zaoshang Pao: My Morning Run






I love my morning runs! I hate my morning runs!... Well, I don’t really hate the run itself, it’s the waking up at 5:30 in the morning to hit the roads of Shanghai that I hate. Why 5:30 am you may wonder. Well, running in Shanghai at any other time of the day is like sucking on an exhaust pipe of a car that’s had it catalytic converter removed. In fact, even at 5:30 am, after my run I feel like I've had my breakfast of toxic minerals and heavy particulate matter.

Regardless, the reason I love Wo de zaoshang paos are simply because of the intimate access it allows me of an honest City before it awakes ( I’ve mentioned this before). It’s raw, it’s beautiful and it’s honest.

1 comment:

richtuzon said...

you took these while running?...nice pics.